Categories

Friday, November 1, 2013

Tranquility

Especially since marrying Dr Chan almost, almost 18 years ago, I get my nails done by someone who can do a much better job than me.  In Singapore, there are incredible technicians- J at Kim Robinson is to me, the undisputed Queen Bee.  P at Tanglin Mall is the sweet princess awaiting her moment.  For practical solutions with added pampering (think milk, honey, green tea treatments), Snails (Mandarin Gallery/Wheelock Place) is King.

In London, I've encountered some really shoddy work, and dismal attitude.  Then I literally walked into Tranquility, half prepared to walk straight out.

I was pleasantly surprised.  Service was excellent, offered with just the right balance of warmth and discretion.  Bruno was not turned away, neither was there unnecessary fuss made over him.
The only thing I was perturbed by was the sponge used to scrub my feet. 

Bruno had a bird's eye view of the action.  He settled down, fell asleep.

There were those blowers to dry your nails, and they offered some kind of spray and oil to protect the nail lacquer at the very end.
Tranquility 139 Kensington Church Street, London W8 7LP.

No comments:

Post a Comment