Categories

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Date Night

This morning, I think I made, a new friend.

Everything about her is sweetness and joy.  All day I kept wondering, how does one stay so sweet and obliging in this life journey?  How does one keep on trying and trying without any negativity?

Then I also thought, what have I done for Bruno lately?  Have I taken him for granted?

So I made reservations at an unfamiliar place off Kensington Church Street.  
(Dear God, thank you for everything.  I really love my neighborhood.  I am not sure what possessed me to look at that flat on Windsor Street this afternoon, but thank you, thank you God,  for kicking sense back into me.  I love you, God.  Amen.)
Shabby chic to the tune of more is more is more!

 Dinner Specials!

Bruno (if you can see him) anticipating...

Woah-a very salty and cheesy vegetable pot pie that stunned me with its size, but got gulped down easily between Bruno and me.
(Dear God, please help Bruno digest all this, and make it through the night without an upset tummy.  Thank you, God.  Amen.)
Verdict:  It's not the kind of cooking that will shatter beliefs and create cults.  The salt still lingers in my mouth, but everything is intimate, warm, and there is a sense of authenticity, of home, about the food.  Best of all, it is dog-friendly on the ground floor level, and my date fell fast asleep by the time dessert was served.
ZZZZZZ.....

(Dear God, please help Bruno stay well.  I know, I know it's not the wisest thing to feed him so much cheese given that he's had a sensitive tummy in recent times.  Please, God.  Thank you, God. I love you, God.  I will really try to be a better person/more responsible dog-owner, in the morning.  Amen.)

We left in the drizzle.  Ah, date night!

Maggie Jones, 6 Old Court Street

No comments:

Post a Comment