Categories

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Thursday's Child

June Thursday.  Momentous for me, as I am going to attempt a new routine/schedule that will teach me to be better organized and more disciplined!

7am  Wake up with some anticipation.  Talk to Jon via FB.
8am.  Pack the morning's bag- Bruno needs his food, towel, poop bags, and traveling bowl.  I need   yoga gear, change of clothes.  Throw waterproof jacket on because I have learnt that you can't trust sunny skies in London.
8:15am  Walk Bruno- morning potty + speed walk through Kensington Park.
8:30am  Pondering over the wisdom of getting a bike.  Still speed walking through the park, with faithful dog at my heels.
9am  Drop Bruno off at the Pet Spa on Fulham Road.  I love the Pet Spa!  

See you later, Brunz!
Note to self- Woah.  I just walked from W2 to SW7 in 50 minutes without breaking into a sweat or feeling short of breath.  Thank you, God for health and strong legs!

9:15am  Unbelievable.  Bus 70 has come.  I get on gratefully.  Hooray, I am going to make it to yoga at Kensal Rise after all!
9:35am  Bus 70 collides into a car and ignores it by driving on.  The car gives chase, honking angrily.
9:40am  Angry confrontation between car and bus. No one is physically hurt.  I can't break my momentum by waiting.  So I run to Notting Hill Gate and get onto the next available bus, Bus 52.  I hate running.
Note to self- Perhaps not a good idea to ride a bike in London where there are angry buses and cars.

9:45am  Bus 52 takes a more direct route to Kensal Road and the driver drives FAST.
Note to self-  Perhaps not a good idea to ride a bike in London, where there are no designated bike paths, angry and fast buses and cars.  

9:55am  I am on the mat, stretching with some trepidation.  Yoga is the truth.  And the truth can hurt.  A lot. 
10am.  Ommmmm  and some pain in my left knee, and the usual stiffness, dull pain in my hips.
11:30am.  Trepidation has been sweated away, brain is fried from the day's teachings.  Something about restraint.  Something about the sutras.  (1.5 hours and class is still not over...)
11:45am.  Namaste.  Wipe mat down, speed change into dry clothing, fly out the door, run after Bus 23.
12:15pm  Making great time.  I get off at my stop and dive into Carlucci's to get a bottle of white wine. I am going need a drink, soon.
12:30pm  Return some messages, calls, inhale two hot cross buns, gulp down large glass of juice.
12:45pm  Shower.
1pm  Costume change, repack bag- helmet, carrots, whip.
1:15pm  Rush to Bayswater Station.
1:20pm  Hop onto the District Line- more gratitude!  It actually is running!  What a great day I am having!
1:45pm  Eeeks.  District Line has suddenly stopped.
1:55pm  RUN up the stairs at Wimbledon Station, run down the stairs to the taxi stand.
Fabulous, meet a kamakazi taxi driver.  I am going to make my lesson after all!
2pm  Climb onto Dumpling.  Leave with a group of four ladies into the Commons.  Admire the verdant woods, and bask in the sheer pleasure of Dumpling's company.  What a great day!
3:30pm  Say goodbye to Dumpling and speed walk to the station.
3:40pm Back on the District Line but heading towards Victoria.
4:20pm Pick up sushi from Wasabi for dinner.
4:30pm  Pick Bruno up, take him for another walk.
4:50pm  Board Bus 70.  Find a seat.  Pile jacket, helmet, sushi, Bruno's bowl into the space provided for shopping bags on the bus.  Balance Bruno in his bag on my lap, hold whip with one free hand.  
5:25pm  Home.  
6pm  Still hungry after sushi.  So-
6:30pm Laundry, shower, do dishes.
7:15pm Vacuum flat.
8pm  Pour self large glass of vino.
8:45pm  Take Bruno for his last potty walk.
9pm Tuck Bruno to bed, double lock my door.
9:15pm  Pour self a second glass.
9:20pm  Blog.
10pm  Post.
10:15pm  Pour self third glass.
10:20pm  Read.

Conclusion:  Thursday's Child has far to go.  She also wonders if she is able to walk at the same speed/feel her legs, tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment