Categories

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Departure Day

I've been dreading today.
Today is Departure Day.  Bruno is going off to Summer Camp, while we fly back to Singapore.  Originally the plan was to bring him with us.  But the paperwork mountain I encountered for such a journey, including a return trip back to London, was a blow to my belly and humour.  Lets not even talk about, the costs.

The last time Bruno went off for boarding, he came home sick.  This time, we decided to go with the (Canine) Four Seasons experience for him.

Packed a care-box for him last night.
35 tins of Lily's Kitchen organic meals, his raincoat, hair-ties for his pony-tail, advocate treatment for August, 2 bags of his favourite treats to share with camp  mates (please try and make a friend, Bruno!), an extra set of leash and collar, and a small lunch box filled with treats for his drive to the countryside.

In his travel bag, I put his chew stick (bedtime ritual) and one of my t-shirts retrieved from my laundry basket.  I hope it brings him some comfort.

And then it is time to say, goodbye.  I try to stay positive and calm...
In theatre, we always say- Oh fake it, till you make it!  So I'm fake smiling.  I say, Lets go, Brunz!  

Still "upbeat", we meet P, who to my relief is gentle, genuinely positive and calm.  He tells me, Bruno is going to have a grand time, and I can check in on his progress, via Facebook.  (Hooray for social media and the Four Seasons!)

The stars must be aligning because Mr Unfriendly actually allows P to cuddle him!

We keep the goodbye short and uneventful.  P shuts the car door, shakes my hand. 

Then my baby is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment