Categories

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Bank Holiday Bliss

                                                           Bruno and I have run away.
I am feeling restful.  I am feeling, relaxed.  I am thinking, I could really just live long-ish term, in a hotel, especially when the interiors of the room I am given, color-coordiantes with my wardrobe!
Foreground- black & white dress, Background- black puppy, in a room clothed in black, white, yellow and grey.
No cleaning, no dealing with neighbors, repair works, and speaking to 100 people on the phone.
The 100th person...
There is even proper temperature control, internet services that work within my room, and not just one pair of sash windows, but three.  Oh, and a bathroom bathed in natural light.
photo credit- Number Sixteen
Bliss.

It's Bank Holiday, and if I avoid Exhibition Road, I don't even have to walk into a tourist!  
No tourists in sight!
Bliss.

On the very same day in Singapore, my Baby Cousin got dolled up and married.
Beautiful Baby Cousin Bride & Groom with Popo
When she invited me, she told me it would be a low-key, intimate affair.  I'm only inviting XYZ, she said.  How I wish I could have been there on such a special day.

I looked at my brother's photographs and my heart swells for my Baby Cousin.  I looked at Popo and my heart swells larger.  I can feel it in my throat.
Popo is pushing 100.  Her mind is like a tide, receding.  But here she is, ever glorious, with bubbly in hand.  I know she is happy and lucid today.

Bliss.

*All photographs of Baby Cousin's wedding by S. Wong

No comments:

Post a Comment