Categories

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Once Upon A Couch

I've been waiting patiently for a small couch to appear in my life.  Something vintage, something comfy.

Occasionally I obsess about this wall space (R).

I moved my lamp into the corner.  After I did that, I became convinced a small couch needed to go there, even if I don't ever sit there much.  So right before I boarded SQ319, I went to Forest in Clerkenwell, to check out a couch that had just been offered for sale.
Forest, 115 Clerkenwell Road

Elated!  My gut was right on the couch!  I allowed myself five complete minutes to indulge in fabric swatches...decisions, decisions, decisions.
Bliss!

Eva, the lovely owner of Forest jumped right in to assist, and even offered making me some buttons for the couch.

This is the sort of thing I could do all day- costume a home, talk fabric, color, texture.  But, I had a plane to catch.
I took a last look at my couch.  I dashed onto the Hammersmith-Circle line, dashed onto the Heathrow Express.
Dashing!
At Heathrow because I had no luggage, the Singapore Airlines representative directed me to the First Class Counter to sort out my seat woe.  I was not expecting an upgrade, but by the grace of God, I was assigned an aisle seat.   RELIEF!!!

12/13 hours later, my husband swept me into his arms.  He had uncharacteristically closed the clinic a full hour ahead of scheduled time, so that for a change, I did not have to take public transportation home.  
Angel the Beloved, Home.


No comments:

Post a Comment