Categories

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Day 3, Edinburgh

I wonder if I could live in Edinburgh.
photo credit- SC
I'm repeating myself.  But the city is rather hypnotic, too handsome for words.  Arthur's Peak, the castle, cobble-stoned streets that twist and turn, and oh the encompassing ocean.  

Every morning, I awake with the desire to walk and walk, get lost, get found.  Bruno and Summie are game.  But there's a little problem.

My traveling champ draws too much attention.
(GROAN.)

There's a dog on her lap!  He's wearing a jumper!  He's eating at the table!
(GROAN!)

I have been thoroughly spoilt by Paris.  I'm not comfortable with this sort of attention at all.  I really prefer invisibility in any city.  

No such luck here.

Is that really a dog?  What's his name?  Where are you from?  Are you Japanese?  Say that again, you sound so posh!
(GROAN, GROAN, GROAN!)

Dogs are not allowed at Harvey Nicholas, but not unwelcome at Topshop.
Waiting for Summie at Topshop
  In New Town, we had lunch at Bon Vivant, 55 Thistler Street.  Back on Holyrood, Bruno was offered a bowl of water.

There are bus-loads of tourists- Japanese, Chinese, Americans.

The Japanese wear matching hats.  The Chinese huddle and hunch.  The Americans ask the strangest of questions- Does the College (University) provide every student with an iPad?

Above this din, I hear the hymn of bagpipes sung.  

No comments:

Post a Comment