Categories

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Tea for Two

Trying to recover from last night's P.A.R.T.Y, I decided to take the hung-over Bruno, for tea.
Hanging his head!
I still don't always say, trousers, nor trainers.  I am however, now adopting the very British tradition of afternoon tea.  Doesn't really matter that I don't eat scones, have a sweet tooth, nor even really drink, tea.  For a few more pounds anyway, champagne is served.  

As tea is unfamiliar territory, I made a few calls to figure out where I could bring Bruno.  I spoke to some very friendly staff at the Blakes Hotel, who helped with a reservation.

What a brilliant idea tea at Blakes turned out to be!  

It's my first time walking this far west on Old Brompton Road.  When I turned onto Roland Gardens and saw the black-colored building, I felt very pleased.

I've been thinking of re-decorating using shades of black.  So when I was shown our table in a courtyard dressed so stylishly in black and green, I felt even more pleased with our tea venue.
Mirrors in the garden, potted plants of varying heights, fat grey cushions against black rod iron seating- yummy!
Bruno and I are even colour-coordinated with the garden!
 Time slows...
I just sit, drink in the peaceful surrounds, admire Anouska Hempel's design.  The food is a little forgettable, but service is impeccable and the ambience healing.
Then our reverie is broken by a young Thai tourist, who asks very politely, if he could take a picture of us.  Because he was polite and non-creepy, I did not disagree.

Photo Credit-  Young Thai Tourist

Blakes, 33 Roland Gardens






No comments:

Post a Comment