Categories

Friday, November 7, 2014

November

She's back at school.
photo credit-  Summer Chan
Momma!  I dissected a rat today!!  A bit disturbing at first cos I had to break its limbs.  But after I cut it open, it didn't feel "real" anymore!
***

Bruno gets a haircut.

When I picked him up from daycare, I find he has new fans, and had spent the day filming (again!) for television.  Methinks, he needs an agent.
photo credit-  The Pet Spa  (Thank you for taking such good care of him.)
***
I saw a very sensible flat today.  It's right above a bakery in the Village.  I walked as slowly as possible from the yard, to the flat.
It took me no more than 2 minutes!  

The flat has completely been re-gutted and sorted out.  There are 2 bedrooms and 2 functional bathrooms.  The fixtures chosen are practical and not ugly.  There is even a designated parking space- something quite unheard of, in so central a location.  The realtor on the phone was brusque.  But in person, effable.

The problem with seeing quite possibly 100 properties in my adult life, and having lived here, there, everywhere is, the first thing that comes to mind each time I step into a potential living space:
How to sell the flat promptly when...?

There is a wall of double-glazed windows catching the afternoon sun.  The realtor says excitedly- So much sun, isn't that lovely?
My rapid non-thinking response-  It's going to be so hot in the summer, especially as you can't open the windows (too noisy too/dusty), there's no air-conditioning, we are right on the High Street, and the village gets busy during Wimbledon Season.
***

I ask Jon what happens, next fall.  He says- What about next fall?  Just be happy.

I know happiness.  It feels light, fleeting and free.

No comments:

Post a Comment