Categories

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

A Good Day

Solved- the riddle as to why I bothered signing up for the dressage test today.

It's a dancer-perfromer thing.  An actress once questioned my plan to dissolve my dancing life.  She said- I don't believe it's possible.  Once a performer, always a performer!  How can you bear to leave the stage?

(I've not.)
photo credit- WVS
My mom said to me in my somnolent, unemployed, early-marriage days-  
Even if you can't dance, you are still a creative person.  Why don't you channel that creativity towards your family instead?

Then it was not possible.  But now that she is grown up, and because I have given it my all for dance, dance simply morphs into a different shape.

The same discipline, the same quest for precision.

The same repetitive practising of a fixed vocabulary, every single day.

  The same mental/physical preparation- warm up!

Focus!

Get in costume, get neatly dressed!
 24 weeks post-surgery, buttons are still tricky.

  But, I don't shy away from tricky.

I learnt this morning, that I also wanted to do the test to give Dumpling and myself a goal to work towards.  I wanted to see if I could face the noise in my head, quell that, and find him again.
photo credit-  WVS
Because the accident in January damaged my confidence in myself, and my trust in him.  I wanted to force myself to re-discover that place of quiet, of listening, where horse and rider are simply in tune, watching out for each other.  That sort of togetherness is electrifying.
photo credit-  WVS
Electrified!

Lastly, as I performed the wrong choreography, and Dumpling and I didn't falter with such a costly mistake, and as the wind whirled too loudly out in the Commons, I realised, I wanted to do the test, to remind myself, what I am truly made of.  I can feel, sense fear.  But I mustn't forget.  My doctors did insert a metal plate and something like 7 or 8 screws in my arm.  I may lack strength and wisdom, but I am made of tough stuff.




No comments:

Post a Comment