Categories

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Shepherd's Pie/ Summer Socials


Summer is finally here, and it's sweltering.

In the Village, there's much excitement as it's Wimbledon Season!

Someone dressed as a huge tennis ball prowls the High Street, meeting and greeting.
photo credit:  Wimbledon Village Stables
***
Week 2 in the Village, I find myself extremely busy making new friends-
(So nice to meet you, Poppy and Chloe!  Thank you, for fizzies in your garden!)

And hosting visitors from afar.

Hello, North Londoners!  Lovely as always!  Do come again!

Welcome, V!  Please make yourself right at home!  A no-gluten diet?  No problem.  Stay the week?  Absolutely fine.  Need a ride back to school?  Surely.

Hello, College Roomie whom I last saw when I was, 22!  Walk everywhere in London?  Yah, I know, not the sort of lifestyle you do in SoCal!   God willing, see you again in, twenty years' time!

Everyone we make time for is special to us.  And then there's that gem of a friend, the one you trust fully on stage, and because you work well together, you want to go an inch further, whip out your shepherd's pie.

Leslie-  Tammy, we've been eating too much, since we've been here.  Please don't fuss.  I will be very happy with a salad!

Salad? (In Addition) Sure.  I'll pick that up from my wonderful Village store.
Bayley and Sage, 60 High Street

I like reading up, when researching a project.  When putting the flat together, I chanced upon something the architect Yohsio Taniguchi said.
He said-
Architecture is basically a container of something.  I hope they will enjoy not so much the teacup, but the tea.

I think of what he said, quite often these days.  My friends know I like entertaining.  Because I feel so blessed with so much, and especially to finally, finally, have a home again, I can't think of a better way of enjoying my home, than sharing it with those who matter.  I do hope they enjoy, my food.  I do hope they enjoy, the tea.

Tam's Shepherd's Pie:
-  minced beef
-  chopped onions, celery, carrots, tomatoes
-  teriyaki sauce
-  red wine
- pepper
-  thyme/any herb you find
-  beef/chicken stock
- potatoes
-  milk
-  shredded/grated cheese 
*  Cook up the beef with diced up vegetables and herb, add stock, add wine, add pepper, add teriyaki sauce.
*  Boil the potatoes, mash it up with milk
*  Put the beef mixture into a pie dish, put the mash over this, add the grated cheese at the very end.
*  Heat up the oven, put the dish in, and bake.  The pie is good to go when you see the cheese melt into the potatoes, and the beef mixture bubbling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment