Categories

Monday, May 25, 2015

Apron Strings

Before she left, I spoke to her about the reality of going back to work.

Now that high school is over, Mom feels so light and free.  I am done with Mother-dom, Summie.  I'm thinking of going back to work, because, Mom is still young enough.

You mean you don't want to take care of me anymore?

No, it's not that.  Mom loves you, but it's time for you to get on with your own life.  You'll be off to college in the fall, and your whole life is ahead of you, for you…  You're ready, Summie.  If you aren't, then Mom has not done my job at all.

Do you mean it, Mom, when you said you don't care about what grades I get for the IB?

Yup.  Because you worked so hard, I know you tried your best, what will be, will be.

Does Daddy feel the same as you?

I'm not sure.  You better ask him when you see him again.

Are you going to teach again, Mom?

I'm not sure.  I am curious about teaching, but I am thinking of something else...

Oh, Mom, are you going to become Tycoon Tammy?

No, Mom isn't cut out for that kind of work.  Mom is more like, Typhoon Tammy!
(Husband-  Baby, you are really bold to have painted the walls, black!  <YES, Thank you, Baby!>
Builder-  So we are really going to mess the flat up?  <YES>
Realtor gasping-  What, a black wall!  <YES>
Spice-  I think you just like messing things up!  <YES>)

Hahahaha!  Typhoon Tammy!  That's a good one!  Mom, what time is my flight?

!!!???!!!

Mom, I wish I wasn't flying alone.  Mom, do I have to print my boarding pass?  Mom, how are we going to get to Heathrow?  Mom!  Will you miss me?
Work-in-progress/ her new bedroom


No comments:

Post a Comment