Categories

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day

Week 13, post-operation of the arm, the IB exam begins, and my daughter shouts out- Happy Mother's Day!!!
I love you, Mom.  Thank you for everything, she says.

She does this to me unknowingly- leaves my heart caught in my throat.  Every day I give thanks for a daughter who is growing into adulthood without the need to self-destruct by starving, cutting, piercing, inking, or creating an alter ego on Instagram/Youtube.
***

So I am lying in bed now just thinking about my day… I realised I made up an English word in my essay… I meant to say, "infused", but I wrote, "enfused"…HEHEHEHEHEH

Hahhaahaha, I replied.  You are indeed creative!  Love you and all the best for tomorrow!
***

Just finished… I am so tired!  It was harder than the past bio papers… But I really tried my best.

Great, I said.  Mom loves you and is proud of you.
***

I've never been interested in being a super-heroic mom, and there truly are some stunning mothers out there.  Life's too short, I'm too curious about many other things.  But, one day, God gave her to me.

And then, there was no stopping, me.

"Twinkle, twinkle little star
How I wonder what you are…
When the blazing sun is gone,
When he nothing shines upon
Then you show your little light
Twinkle, twinkle, all the night."


No comments:

Post a Comment