Categories

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Amsterdam Abode

Once we settled Summie back at school,
and before he returns to Singapore, Jon and I decided to go on a date.

I was thinking, Amsterdam- compact, charming, a convenient commute.
 For a change, Jon suggested we not bring Bruno (!), and I, wanting to give my husband undivided attention, agreed.

Jon also picked our Amsterdam abode.  Instead of my usual crumbly/shabby chic holes, we find ourselves at The Conservatorium, right in the heart of Museumplein.

I wish I could capture the handsomeness of this hotel!  My photos do little, little justice!

The hotel is stunning.  Ordinarily I find contemporary interiors forgettable, but everything here is executed with such discreet taste and quality.  The architect Piero Lissoni is a demigod!


The room we are given would make a terrific city pad.





There is fine attention to details, and the bathroom is a dream.


The Conservatorium, Van Baerlestraat 27

No comments:

Post a Comment