Categories

Friday, April 25, 2014

Lunch Date

Restaurant De Kas is not dog-friendly, so I didn't visit last summer with Bruno.

Today, with blue skies and a soft sun, we thought it would make a great venue for a lunch date.

A greenhouse sitting in a low-key neighborhood park, off, off the beaten path, Restaurant De Kas was worth the slight hike it took to get there.
Hiking...
It's somewhere in this park, Baby!  We just have to find it!
There it is!
Sometimes you meet a person whose face the camera loves.  Similarly, I find, on occasion, chancing upon a city, or a space, that is impossible to take a bad picture of.

It's about locally-sourced produce, or more specifically, growing the foods served.  The menu changes constantly, depending on what can be harvested from the garden spaces.
 Thinking back, there really wasn't even a menu offered at lunch.  The waiter explained the dining concept, asked if we had allergies, and brought out a medley of dishes.
I enjoyed myself thoroughly.  The setting is peaceful, the food is delicious, and everything expressed is done in casual, sophisticated tones.  When the sun shone too directly at me, i simply took cover.

Throw in the presence of my husband, and the lunch date is but a winner.  My friend S is spot on when he commented that dating in your 40s, is way better than dating in your 20s. 
Next week, he goes back to Singapore.  But this afternoon, I cherish a shared moment, harbour the peace and joy he brings, for one of those dreaded darker days ahead.

Restaurant De Kas, Kamerlingh Onneslaan, 3

No comments:

Post a Comment