Categories

Monday, January 5, 2015

Mother Work

BBC Weather Forecast- 1 degree, dry, fog in areas.

(Thank you, God for the dry and cold weather that makes moving much easier.  I can brisk walk,  I can drag.  I can haul.  And my hair will keep its volume and shape.)

11:40am, Roland Gardens- Mom, your smile is kind of weird!
Summie, Mom is so tired, I feel like keeling over!
Mom, I love you!  You're amazing!  Mom, I don't want to go back to school!

12:37pm, An overcrowded train.  
Mom, where are my bags?
There.
But Mom, we are seated here.
There's no space here.  Don't worry about it.  Your bag is so freaking heavy, nobody would try stealing it.

(Grateful for a moving train, for two seats beside each other, for an excellently-behaved puppy, who stays unmoving for the next 2.5hrs, and oh, the fog outside providing great light for flattering photography.)
Summie, please send this picture to Daddy.
Right now?  
Yup, so he knows we are fine.
(*All Moms multi-task.  To keep long-distance marriage alive, one must strategically remind husband of one's photogenic presence.)

2pm-  Mom, when we arrive at Bristol, YOU take the bags and I will run up to check which platform we need to be waiting on for the next train.

Mom, will you miss me?  Mom will you still love me if I do badly in my exams.  Mom, I told Daddy I haven't really been studying...
!!!
Mom, at least the next train has 6 coaches instead of 4...
(I lift her giant bag of books onto this next train and nearly fell over.)
Mom?  I'll meet you on the platform when we get there.  I'm going to go find my seat.  Bye, Mom!
(Mom is left stranded with mountain of bags and Glasgow-bound commuters pressed too close.)

3:09pm- station, taxi, and one last flight of stairs.
Mom, you are right!  Superheroes wear leotards like dancers do!  Yay!  Mom, you are so amazing!  We made it!
Bye, Mom!  You take care ok?  Make sure you let me know when you get in, and make sure you eat something!
Eating something, Hotel du Vin (dog-friendly)
Mom, are you walking back to the station?
(Mom gets lost along the way because night has come and her eyesight is failing.)

Mom, I'm sure Bruno can't wait to have you all to himself again!

Mom, I hope you find a seat on the train!  Take care, ok, Mom?
Mom, I know when you left home at 18, you never went back... well, that's because you never had, you!  But I have you.  
So Mom, when I am an adult, can I come live with you?








No comments:

Post a Comment