Categories

Monday, March 2, 2015

New Words

29 Days Post-Op, and I'm learning new words.

1.  KS
Monday begins with my therapist electrocuting me.  He explains that the electric currents will serve to remind my muscles to contract.  Without they ability to recover this memory, I will never be able to straighten my arm, nor flex it past 90 degrees.

I get strapped up.

We do a test...

He adds heating pads wrapped in towels and begins the pushing and pulling work.
Then he instructs me to contract my muscles each time the current reverberates through me.
Therapist- So we are adding four elements; heat, force, muscle contraction, and electricity!  KS, ok?! 
Huh?
Therapist- KS!  Kia Su!  Do everything at once!  The Singapore way!
(Oh.  Work Harder.)

2.  Orizuru
In Japanese Class, Sensei concludes the afternoon with an origami exercise.
Sensei-  Ja, watch carefully ne, follow me.  Fold into half... E-to... Tammy-san... maybe I have to help you...
Orizuru-  folded crane.  
Sensei's Orizuru is so magical when you tug at its tail, it can flap its wings!

3.  Mushi
Sorry, Sensei.  Gomenasai.  I am simply terrible at following instructions to a T.  You know, I really like independent thought, and play, and imagination, and breaking rules.
Sorry Sensei!  Orizuru wa mushi-mitai!
Mushi-  Insect.
(My crane looks like an insect!)

No comments:

Post a Comment