Categories

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Dog Food

I've switched Bruno back to a raw diet.

We had been struggling with excessive diarrhoea for too long a period.  Nothing seemed to help him, even when probiotics were added with his every meal.  There were weeks I went to bed with bated breath- please God, help him make it through the night.

Bruno began life on raw.  This way of feeding is sometimes also referred to as BARF (Bones and Raw Foods, or Biologically Appropriate Raw Food).  All my dogs are fed raw.  Bruno's diet changed when we re-located from Singapore, via Holland and France.  It was just not possible to cross international borders with a bag of bones!

Here in the UK, I chanced upon prepared raw at my vet's.

All that I need to do is remember to stock up on his food, and defrost the portion I am going to feed him in time.

Phew.  My decision paid off.  Bruno has been doing great on raw again.  He's put on weight, he's sleeping through the nights.

Observing Bruno glowing with raw, I realise, we really are what we eat.  

It took a bit of planning feeding him raw on our recent trip.  Returning to London, I didn't have anything defrosted for him. So en route home, we stopped, and ate Japanese instead.

*Natural Instinct can also be directly ordered from the company on-line.  Shipping was prompt, customer service and communication, excellent and clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment