Categories

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Looking Back

Because I am a summer baby, the year always feels like it ends, in the summer.

Usually I have some sort of game plan for the new year that for me, starts in the fall.  This year however, I'm thrown off as I spent so much of the past year, in uncertainty.

Towards the end of each summer, there is always that exhaustion.  This year, my fatigue was unusually weighty.  It even made me, sad.

Then I made things worse for myself.  On the flight back to London, instead of watching action-driven movies where I can ponder about choreography, speed, and composition, I stayed up watching movies about, love.

Ah, love.  

Is Distance really necessary?  I asked the Good Man.
Distance is the lesser of… The Wise, Good Man replied.  I would rather deal with Distance than...

Are you happy in London?
Then just stay.  And you must know, I am very happy to provide for you and be able to now afford this for you…
You don't have to be so hard on yourself, Baby!  Just think of all that has happened in the last 12 months…

The Last 12 Months
-  Back to School, 6th Form, IB Year/ University Applications to be completed by October!!!

 -  Riding Intensive with World-Renown Teacher

-  Sold London Flat, packed it up, moved out, searched, searched for a new home...

-  Reality TV and Bruno

-  Cheltenham weekends to cheer, cheer, cheer daughter on

-  Temporarily housed for 8 months
A.
B.
C.
-  Wedding Anniversary, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Chinese New Year

-  Broken Arm & the (continuing) tedious, painful road towards recovery

-  Death of a beloved grandmother.  Although her death was not a surprise, that devastating grief can  unexpectedly still simmer, even if as a muted shadow.

-  Studied, studied, studied.  Cheered, cheered, cheered.
Never forget, Summie.  Mom is in your heart!

-  Found new flat, refurbished new flat, moved into flat.

-  Finally, graduation.
-  The Moment of Truth
-  More Truths...
***

Baby?  You're right.  I think I need a vacation!  Do you mind…
No, not at all.  You deserve it, Baby... We both deserve a vacation!

Did you arrive safely?   Can you see the ocean?  
It's kindda like Balboa Island, but very hilly, and steep…
That's great!  
Er, Baby?  When I was walking Bruno, I slipped, and slid…
down...

What?!  How's your arm?!  What sort of shoes were you wearing?!!
Baby, please be careful and look where you're going!

(The End, of Looking Back.)





No comments:

Post a Comment