Categories

Saturday, August 15, 2015

45


This sumner, I turned, 45.
While I was out in the rain with Dumpling, my daughter secretly bought me flowers.

In the afternoon, we celebrated with tea at a London favourite.

TJ and her mom joined us; that made us a table of four women, each of a different generation.  The conversation was rich.  I felt very blessed.

Coincidentally, there was a powerful exhibition of works about mothers and daughters, on the ground floor.


The experience with these paintings, was a lovely punctuation to my day.
***

45 so far, feels spectacular, especially when one's only daughter is off to college in the coming fall.

In Singapore for 2 weeks, KS said-  You've made it!  You've reached the other side, while the rest of us plod on with primary one registration and PSLE!

Ah.  Ashore.

45 and arriving on uncharted land where I can create for myself a new challenge, and never ever have to feel again, that weight, that conflict, so many working wives and mothers feel.

Mom?  She says to me.  Happy Birthday.

Mom?  One day there will be two doctors in the home and you will be nagged to death!
Mom? Her tone shifting.  Don't worry.  You've taught me to be strong.




No comments:

Post a Comment