Categories

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Bruno/Pre-fall/Matches

                                                                     Bruno is home.

He received a glowing report!

A huge thank you to all the wonderful ladies who take such excellent care of him in my absence.

It helps make London feel more like home for us, when we know there is support we can count on.

He's put on a bit of weight, is very exhausted, but otherwise in good spirits.

On Thursday he came with me to the lawyer's, and then we had a quick lunch at his favourite restaurant.
 Lunching with him, I thought how very much I appreciate living in Europe, and being able to go just about everywhere with him.
 I also thought, much as I appreciate being spoilt rotten and driven around in Singapore (thank you, Baby, S, G, YL, TJ!!!), I do also enjoy, a more active, physical way of living.

Alas, a more physical way of living after my sedentary Singapore summer, meant that my legs were in some serious pain for the week.  Then suddenly, we had, HAIL.
And some kind of storm that flooded parts of South London.

Hail and rain and sun = pre-fall.

A new riddle- how to dress for the transitional season?  

My gnarled, bunion-ed feet are cold in my birkies, but too hot in my boots.  I am thinking- loafers.

I am thinking, Jackie O.
photo credit- googled image
And because I quite dislike shopping, I simply make a list, pop into my neighbourhood Matches, and hand the list to M, who gets me.  M then checks through the stock, while I rest my sore legs.
I am guessing that most fashionistas would already be familiar with Matches, as they have an on-line presence.  This summer, I learnt that my SIL is a devoted customer, and according to her, service is good, shipping reliably/speedily to Singapore.

If you come to London, there are four stores- Notting Hill, Wimbledon, Richmond, and Marylebone.  I can only comment on the stores at Notting Hill and Wimbledon, where service is excellent.  I'm always made to feel very welcomed, Bruno fussed over, and there never is any pressure to buy anything.

8 pairs of shoes and 15 minutes later, I find what I am looking for.

Matches, 60-64 Ledbury Road



No comments:

Post a Comment