Categories

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Saturday: Ask, and you shall receive. Seek, and you shall find...


There are 3 factors that motivate this blog.

Factor 1:  I needed to discipline myself with daily writing and practice.  I have been dancing for a while.  As in serious hard core dancing.  You don't get to the hard bits without discipline and daily practice.  I don't really care to dance much these days, but the need to create is innate, urgent.   Creativity goes nowhere without practice.

Factor 2:  I found myself in paperdom hell trying to decipher EU pet import laws, DEFRA, Singapore AVA demands and laws etc etc etc when I was trying to sort out traveling with Bruno.  To spice things up, Bruno began life in Tasmania, Australia.  So it has meant communicating with vets and the powers that be in the UK, the Netherlands, Singapore and Australia.  I've encountered hostility.  But I've also experienced much kindness.  I keep thinking, I can't be the only one needing to re-locate with a dog to the UK from Singapore, and how as I meander through this fog, surely I could share what (little) I know, and help someone else along?

Factor 3:  There are some wonderful blogs/information on traveling with dogs out there.  But everywhere I looked, I could not find the kind of information I was seeking.  For instance, everyone is saying Amsterdam is the most dog-friendly of cities (HOORAY!), but all the information available thus far also states that for the most part, even as dogs can go everywhere in Amsterdam, they simply cannot go to museums.  Then I try searching specifically as to what to do with a dog in Amsterdam.  Vondelpark- great- I get that.  But what sort of trip would it be for me, without some kind of museum visit?  The more I researched, the more curious and dissatisfied I became with what I found.  So I simply decided to write directly to X to ask.  Politely.
                                                                             
Ask, and you shall receive.  Seek and you shall find :)
In a nutshell, Factor 3 can perhaps be described as the way I like to be.  What I like to do, see, feel, touch.  I think I've chanced upon some unexpected gems.  If it makes it easier- here's my research, I'm happy to share.
photo credit:  Rembrandthuis (etching by the Dutch Master)



No comments:

Post a Comment