Categories

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Prestonfield House- Interiors

Here's a glimpse at More is More is More... 
One of the many drawing rooms in the hotel.

The room above leads out to this patio space.
Close up view of the crazy ceiling in the above room.  More is more is more.
An elegant dining space (there are many).
Above the entrance hall.  I looked up and was freaked out by Cupid (left)!!!
Stairwell right outside my room.  The drawings are of the house (beautiful!), done in 194X when its owners worried that Prestonfields would be bombed by the invading Germans.
Breakfast is served in our living space, with generous views of the grounds.
Leopard-printed carpeting, gold-themed wallpaper, and ancestral portraits.  Not for the faint-hearted.
I like this antique desk, mirror and the orchids, but I'm not sure about the man in the painting staring down at me...

The bathroom with mosaic, marble and fresh flowers gets two thumbs up!
Silver-painted sleigh bed... I have no idea how Bruno managed to jump vertically onto it.  

Prestonfield House, Priesfield Road, Edinburgh, Scotland EH16 5UT



No comments:

Post a Comment