Categories

Friday, December 26, 2014

Boxing Day/Post Production Evaluation

 Boxing Day looks like this:

And like this...

I went a bit madder than usual, this Christmas.  On Christmas Eve, I even ventured into Selfridges for Christmas Crackers.  As SF said, I really suffer for my art.

One of the things I like in Christmas decor, is the use of birds.  Last Christmas, I found a wee bird...

This Christmas, I caved, and found a bigger bird.

The Bird went home with May.  

I think of the Bird as a good omen for new adventures.  I'm superstitious that way, especially during the holiday season.  Popo ingrained that in me- don't shake your legs while seated at the table, or you'll shake all your luck away, don't wash your hair, don't wear black on Chinese New Year's day.

May extended an invitation to advent tea at hers last week.
photo credit-  May Wong
Because I love art and architecture, and because I have been living in what feels like the ghetto for the last two months, I really appreciated being in May's gorgeous, thoughtful home.
photo credit-  May Wong
Ghetto-living has forced me to be more patient.  I am going to have to live like this for the coming winter as I sort out our London home.  Being patient is not easy.  I suspect that is why I went mad this past week.  I felt the choreographing self breaking free, and avenging, well, patience.

Then SF and I went to dinner at the National Theatre and saw, John.

Because I so like very much, going to the theatre, especially at Christmas time.  The theatre feels like church, soothing, where God feels near, and human folly magnified, celebrated.

Monday before Christmas, Jon and I went to watch The Book of Mormons.  It's my 3rd time this year.  I think it is that good because there are no gimmicks.  Everything is from the heart, and everything around inspiration for content.  I wish I was in the cast, and belting out- Something Incredible, Something Incredible!

At Christmas Eve, finally sitting down, that was how I felt- incredible, simply incredible.
I looked around my table, and saw loved ones,
old friends, and new.

Incredible.  Something incredible.
photo credit-  May Wong

No comments:

Post a Comment