Categories

Monday, April 20, 2015

48 hrs- A Tale of Two Cities

City #1, London Town

a.  Cheerleading
"He invented a rainbow but lightning struck it/ shattered it into the lake-lap of a mountain/ So big his mind slowed when he looked at it..."  Earle Birney, Wreck Beach 1951=  MOM!!!

MOM!  Please look at my essay!  Mom, what does he mean!  Mom, I've sent you the link to the grading scheme for English!  Have you looked at it yet?  MOM!!!
(Ssshhh.  Mom has to study.)

b.  Moving (Hotels)
Mom, Let me help you!  Mom, your arm is doing great!
Wow, Mom- you did it!  Carried all that heavy Christmas dishes!  I'm proud of you!

c.  More Cheerleading
photo credit:  House of Mutt
Mom!  I'm so sad that Bruno's gone away!  I miss him! 
 Mom?  I'm hungry.

d.  Rehabilitating (4 hours before flight)
...Lean against the door/wall, and you want to push the bones...Shall I make another appointment for you for next Friday?
(Yes.)
RM at Six Physio, 15 Young Street

*  3 Korean movies, 3 glasses of Riesling, 4 hours of sleep, and an undigested salad from Heston Blumenthal's The Perfectionist's at Terminal 2.  Finally, the familiar announcement that sinks spirits-  Welcome to Singapore, and to all Singaporeans, welcome home.  The weather today is 33 degrees...


City #2, Singapura, oh, Singapura

a.  Property Guru-Dragon Wife-ing
My wife is flying back from London and will meet you at the flat.  Please have a floor plan for her.
Does your wife need to see it before you...
You better speak to my wife.

b.  More Dragon-Wife-ing
 Do you have a lot of Chen Wen Hsi s?  What a nice piece!   Do you want to sell it, I can give you a price right now!  For that size...
(Angel:  Uh Oh.  She is saying all the wrong things and Mom will show her the door in 10 minutes.)

c.  Trophy-Wife-ing
Baby, Y has invited us for a BBQ dinner at his home.   I've told him you don't eat meat.
No, no, Baby, please don't wear campfire clothes!  We're not standing around some BBQ pit grilling the food...

d.  Rehabilitating (last few hours to my 48-hour experience)


Baby?  Thanks for coming back and taking care of-
How is Summie, have you spoken to her?

Inbox:  Mom?  I miss you!  Come back quickly!  I need you to take care of me.  I'm so tired of taking care of myself!








No comments:

Post a Comment