Categories

Monday, July 20, 2015

Noise

I have no idea why I signed Dumpling and myself up for the dressage test tomorrow.  The last time we did a test, I couldn't resist day-dreaming, and re-choreographing...
photo credit:  WVS
You are a true glutton for punishment, said Spice.

Perhaps.  
But all I am trying to do is find that place of trust, where we can move instinctively as one, and stop the noise in my head.

Speaking of noise- what does one wear to deal with administrative matters?
I posed this question to three friends who are lawyers.

Smart casual is fine!  -  SF
Something comfortable!  -  TY   Just look simple and presentable.
Wear.. what you would wear to meeting a bank manager when applying for a loan or mortgage.  Same objective...  -K
Mom?  You can borrow my blazer.  -  Summie

In the evening, before the sun fully sets, we walk out to the Commons.

Tomorrow, there will be boards and poles arranged out here for the test.  I've  been told that grass can be slippery for the horses.
I've never ridden on grass before.  But as with Life, there's always a first time.

By bedtime, the noise is dim.  She sneaks in just as I am about to brush my teeth, wash my face.  She likes to do this nightly, now that she is home.  I look at her study me back.  She needs to know, we still look alike.
Mom?  I love you so much.  You can do it, Mom!  Please focus!

And with her voice urging me, all the goodness and wisdom that is my grandmother, fleetingly returns, in her tightest embrace.

Popo, she's grown up just right.


No comments:

Post a Comment