Categories

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Sling It On

In preparation for our upcoming Spring Break, I have been researching alternative ways of carrying Bruno.  In a week's time, we will need to deal with four train rides, and the Eurotunnel, all on the same day.

We both love his Pod.  When he tucks himself in, the Pod allows for stealth mode and visits to unexpected places.
An Unexpected Visit...
I just wondered if there was a way we could move about with more efficiency, and less weight on my shoulders.

On-line I found images of dogs in slings.  The idea is to replicate the way you would cradle a baby (human/canine) in your arms, at the same time, letting your arms be free.  Someone raved about the American brand, Wagwear.  I remembered seeing something similar at Mungo and Maud.  To satiate my curiosity, we walked over this afternoon.

And the sling came home with us.

Bruno made the decision for us, happily climbing in when asked.

He waited patiently.

I picked him up and he nestled.

I think it did create the same sensation as when he is carried in my arms, for he relaxed instantly.


I walked around the store and was really pleased with the distribution of weight across my back.  The canvas is heavy-duty, the straps thick and adjustable.  There is a security latch and a padded bottom within.

Not only are my arms freed up, but I think it reduces the risk of him being snatched away from me.

To my delight?  I learnt it wasn't a Mungo and Maud product, but the very Wagwear Messenger Pouch Carrier gushed about!

No comments:

Post a Comment