Categories

Thursday, June 4, 2015

A 3-Act Ballet

It's a 3-act ballet, The 15th Move.

In my ideal/dream world, I say to my builder, we need to gut this whole flat out, re-do the bathrooms the kitchen, rip out the carpeting, re-wire to hang lights more strategically.

No, says my builder firmly.  If you want to do all that, I'm not taking on this job!

***

 I'm not sleeping much these days.  I'm too fired up.  I'm eating well though.  
I have to keep fortified in production.
***

Last Friday, I called for help.

I felt an immense fatigue, suddenly overwhelming.
What's wrong, Baby?
Nothing.
Don't say, "nothing"… Why are you crying?
Why do you always treat me like I have balls of steel?
Huh?  Baby, how do you want to be treated?  That's the kind of energy you give off!

***

To relax, I visit my new neighbour.

For where there is love, there will always be a way.
***

Act 2 is about tension, suspense, conflict, heightened drama.  Production notes for Act 2 reads like this-

Cue 1: Enter downstage left, wallpaper creeping across storage closets. 
 Go, Cue 2:  Grandfather's scrolls to uncurl upstage.
Standby Cue 3:  Midcentury Obsessions scatter about after 8 months in storage.
 Go, Lights at 80% yellow, because all white light in Act 1 is too jarring for the senses, Go, Sound-  Bach Cello Suites in G.
***

And then he brought his grandfather's paintings...

So when the nuts and bolts for bed-assembling did not arrive on cue, I took one look at the paintings, and thought- scene change!  Improvise!

Throw on a new set of sheets, adopt a Japonaise stance (low to the ground), arrange Grandfather's paintings as a duet.
Voila!  
Life is but a bed of, roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment