Categories

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Act 1, Act 2, Act 3

Hallway:  Act 1
(I kid you not.)

Baby, I think we should honestly consider this flat, if you don't mind living in the countryside..
Everything has been sorted out- we could just move in, but Baby, I cannot live with all that white.  It kills me.  Please may I do something to it...

Act 2
Builder:  Do you want to look at sample paint colours?
No, I've done enough homes to trust myself.  Lets go with Farrow and Ball, Blue Black.
Builder:  So you are going to bruise the flat?
Absolutely.

Act 3
Jon:  Gosh, Baby- the Devaki goes here?!  That's why you asked me to bring it?

Builder:  To be honest, we've never wallpapered a closet before… 
Wow, I had no idea it was going to look like that!

Living Area:  Act 1
As with dance, there is just so much bad choreography going on.

Act 2
Jon:  Baby, is the brick wall really necessary?  What is it going to look like?  You bought me a chair?  Where is there space?!

Baby, I also reupholstered the daybed.  Please can you give me 250 pounds?
Jon:  Ok.  But is it really necessary to reupholster…Ok, Baby, whatever makes you happy...

Act 3
His new chair.

The Unnecessary Great Wall

Builder:  Tammy, I didn't get what you were trying to do, but now that it is done- wow.  I like it!
Reupholstered daybed (stage left).

Kitchen/Dining:  Act 1
Builder:  No, Tammy.  If you want me to rip the kitchen out, I am going to decline the job!

Act 2

Mom:  What did you do to the kitchen?

Act 3
 Nothing.  I didn't do anything to the kitchen.  Jon says to just live with it, and my builder refuses to touch it… I only painted the windows.

Ah, but.  What would I like to do to the kitchen?

 Get rid of all hanging cabinets, float a shelf, create a mural as a backsplash, replace the counter top with pale grey marble, and change the cabinet doors to doors made of untreated, re-cycled wood.  Oh, while we are doing a fabulous kitchen, please may I also add some Miele appliances.  Oh, while my imagination is soaring, please can we re-wire to add hanging lights… Oh, something(s) from George Nelson would be wonderful.

Mom:  Poor Jon! No wonder he had to rush back to Singapore to work!
Jon, last moments at the 10th home.

But I must say you are really good at this though…
photo credit:  The Straits Times, the 13th home

Thanks, I've had a lot of practice.
photo credit:  The Business Times, The 11th Home

And I do so love, choreography.


The End.






No comments:

Post a Comment