Categories

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Girl Talk

We made the unbearable trip to L-U-T-O-N to pick her on Sunday.

At Luton Airport, a woman in some uniform told me that no dogs were allowed in the terminal.  I was so worn-down by the tube-train-bus journey to faraway Luton.  I think I said something incoherent like- Oh.  Really?

She repeated herself in what I suppose, was her stern voice.
If Security were to see you...  (She threatened, threatened me!)

Note to Self:  Insert Smile.  Dismiss uniform with smile.

Half an hour later, Summie emerged.
Hola, Madre!
Hola, Summie!  Cómo estás?
Estoy muy cansada... Tengo mucho hambre...Me duelen mis pies!
(Note to Husband:  Field trip to Spanish capital yields immediate returns.)
photo credit-  Summie Chan
(Note to Weary, Wary, Post-production, Homeless Self:  No rest!  Mother-dom for the next 14 days.)
***

Day 4, I toss leftovers into a pan, add butter and furikake, voila- brunch.  
Mom, I love your fried rice!
Thank you, I love it too.  Shall we go for tea?
***

Mom?  Do you miss me?  Mom, Bruno is SO ANNOYING!

Mom?  I'm really excited about University!

I think boarding school is really preparing me well!  I love it!  I wish IB was over, but I wish I was still boarding!  Mom?  Are you stressed?  Is everything ok?  Why is Daddy always telling me to behave myself and not bother you?!
Mom, you're really busy in London!
Mom, do you think of me when I'm not around?

Mom? Shall I take a picture of you?
Mom?  You look rather, fierce.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment