Categories

Saturday, October 11, 2014

J'adore Mon Mari

                                                                              You-
busied yourself with so many little things today because I know you care.  While I was out, you scrubbed the bathroom, the kitchen sink, wiped counters down, vacuumed, mopped, removed trash.  You walked Bruno so I could get to class on time.  You took care of lunch, you took care of dinner.  When the last box was packed, I said, how I wished I was boarding the plane with you tonight, and you shook your head, talked about the PSI level in Singapore, and said, Baby, you're not happy there.

At Heathrow I watched you depart; your height, your kind, handsome face, your arms waving one last time at me.  I want to hold you, I want you to hold me back.  I have no idea why this last sighting of you persists even now, when you are no longer here, wounding, me.

At French class this morning, I learnt the difference between aime and adore.  When asked what my passion or likes are, I replied, J'adore le cheval et le chien.

Now that you are far away, I hope you can hear me say, Baby, J'adore mon ami, J'adore mon mari.  For never in my life have I ever experienced a love that envelopes so tightly, and yet remains a love that sets me free.



No comments:

Post a Comment