Categories

Thursday, October 16, 2014

(Lemonade)

After Jon left, I allowed myself one very weepy day, in the company of my sweet, young friend, TJ.

We met at Le Vieux Comptoir in Marylebone- a new favourite for me.  Casual and authentically French (food, staff, patrons), off the main High Street, sited right beside a small park- all positives when dining with Bruno.

We ended the weepy day with a long walk through the park home.

By this time, Jon had arrived in Singapore, and sent me a text to make me laugh.  Something about the weather being all hot, humid and hazy, and the PSI level- Baby, you won't be able to breathe!

Sadness and pain experienced and put aside, there was much to do this week.

I learnt that in London, it is not so easy nor straightforward to wrap up a home and leave...
The packing was the easiest part!

Try to disband services with Thames Water, British Gas, EDF, and changing one's address with the bank and post office?  Woah. 

(I guess when life throws you lemons, as my American friends would say, make lemonade.)

I decided to fortify myself by attending advance yoga class this morning.  I needed to still my mind, push my body.  I needed to warm myself up for the challenge of the physical move today.  I boldly ignored the fact that the last time I stepped on a mat was possibly a month ago.

In the end, I made three trips.  Each time I carried two items.  I used all modes of transport- cab, tube, bus.  Yoga gave me heroic strength.  It also made me very hungry.  By 17:00hrs, I had to sit down and re-fuel.

(Lemonade tastes a little sour, a little sweet.  Served with chunky or crushed ice and sliced fruit especially in the summer, it does an excellent job, quenching thirst.)
Goodbye, W2.



No comments:

Post a Comment