Categories

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Star is Born

There is immense relief on my part when we finally land at Schiphol.  While waiting to disembark, another passenger asks if he could take a picture of Bruno.  I thank everyone around us for their patience and kindness.  Another stranger asks how I managed to get him on board.  Everyone agrees that Bruno has been awesome.

Once we leave the plane, I take Bruno to the first washroom I find, let him out of his bag (which he now hates), and again lay the floor with potty pads.  I brush my teeth, fix my face.  Bruno is happy to be standing and walking about, but he still refuses to do anything on the potty pad.

We go to baggage claim and wait.
And wait some more.
Only after we clear customs, and leave the airport to find grass, does Bruno allow himself to potty.  He has kept his bag clean throughout the entire flight.  Watching him recognise grass, I am reminded that all the baby steps at Boot Camp in preparation for this journey has created one incredible dog.

From Schiphol, we find the train that takes us to Amsterdam Centraal, hop into a cab to the hotel.  By the grace of God, we get to check in early (the room is perfect!), Bruno gets fed a little meal, then it's off onto Tram 2 to find the vet, on Johannes Verhulstraat 115.

An extremely jet-lagged Bruno takes it all in his stride.  When not walking beside me, he is simply sitting quietly on my lap.  Bruno gets checked, weighed, and given the pill for tapeworm treatment (UK DEFRA requirement).  We put in the application for his EU Pet Passport.
A Star is Born.

No comments:

Post a Comment