Categories

Monday, July 15, 2013

Unleashing the Dragon, Part 2

The cab ride was 11 pounds.  I was so grateful that delivery was sorted out, I added a huge tip to express relief and thanks.  The driver was an older Indian man, his accent sounded South Asian- Singaporean or Malaysian.  When we got to my flat, I dove right in carrying as much as I could.  Then I told him, I would help carry the table.

I think he felt sorry for me.  There I was carrying these packages with Bruno carried in the other arm.  He didn't see the Dragon lurking beneath size zero.  He told me to watch his cab, while he carried the table upstairs.  I said to just leave it outside, on the landing, I would move it in myself.  I also assured him that I would carry everything else up.  I couldn't believe my fortune.  But at the same time, I did not want to place myself in a situation where I was alone in my flat with a total stranger.
Up the 1st flight of stairs...
With Bruno in the basket...
Only another flight to go, and my poor table is lying upside down.
Now to haul this inside.  I can already see the beginnings of a smile forming on my husband's face.  The table is bloody heavy, and I CARRIED it in because I didn't want to scratch the floor.  But look, as suspected- it was just what I needed to create more counter space/storage for my kitchen.  Best part of the story?  It wasn't even 1pm yet.  
I love you, Dragon.  Stay with me awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment