Categories

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Moving Day

Bruno was a bit worried when he saw me pack this morning.  To calm him down, I put him in The Pod.
We checked out, found a cab easily (HOHOHOHO!), and off we went through the park.
When things are more settled, I think I would like to explore the park with Bruno.  From what little I could see, I liked the bits that appeared untamed, rambling.
Bruno stayed calm as I unpacked the rest of our stuff.  The whole day seemed to just unfold in a very gentle manner, without any fanfare.
We found very yummy pad thai for 5 pounds, a mop, and a new bucket.  At 3pm, Bruno had an appointment with the neighborhood vet.
By now of course, poor Bruno is a seasoned patient, not even fussing when the vaccination for kennel cough was administered up his nose.

I re-learnt an old lesson today- the value of hard work and preparation.  Sometimes in life, there are just no short-cuts.  I walked into the flat, and felt we had come, home.  Everything was in its rightful place, awaiting.  There are still bits and bobs to be completed.  But for now, I am basking in the solace and stillness of home.  All the relentless work done in the last two weeks has brought us to this place.  I think I'll remain here for a while.

(Pad Thai for 5.x pounds can be found at Banana Tree, 21- 23 Westbourne Grove)

No comments:

Post a Comment