Categories

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Shabby Chic in Notting Hill

At possibly the other end of the spectrum from my mid-century obsession, lies shabby chic.  I don't like everything about "shabby chic"- but I do like things that are forgotten/neglected, things that hold texture and the passing of time.
That mirror will look amazing above the fireplace.  But its price is giving me pause.  :(
Woah.  Like I really need this table in the kitchen.  Like I think it would look great as a floating piece and double up as an island of sorts as well!!!  
Caitlin helps me measure the table and pens down information for me.  There is a little voice in my head saying, there just may not be space in the kitchen that in reality is not even a separate room, but a facility mounted against the wall.  
I asked Caitlin to give me some time alone to look.  I know I am going to find something in the most unexpected of places.  I can feel it.
TA DA!  
Buried under a pile of linen and cushions, its lower shelf stacked with baskets, pushed against the railing of the stairs.  A much slimmer table of sorts that could also multi-task as a shelving unit, dressing table, kitchen table, side table, TV console.  Its a little rickety, the paint is flaking off- sweet!
Rachel Ashwell Shabby Chic Couture, 202 Kensington Park Road 

1 comment:

  1. Well done ! Thank you blog is very informative content sharing.Thank you.

    ReplyDelete