Categories

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Never Too Late

At close to midnight Singapore time, my husband sends me a text to say, Goodnight, I love you, thank you for-  
I reply, Love you back, nite, nite, Baby, pls find out what time Mungo and Maud on Ledbury closes today?

A perk of Long Distance Marriage-  it's never ever too late to ask.

After vacuuming the flat in preparation for tomorrow's move, Bruno and I head on over to Mungo and Maud as the Good Man replied that it closes at 6pm today.  That gave us 30 minutes.

I get Bruno a new collar (his current one is too loose, he has daycare looming).  I give in and get him The Pod.

The Pod!
Confession- I have been obsessing secretly about The Pod!  I have not bought it because as my family keeps telling me, surely Bruno has more than enough bags at this point in his life  (yes :( ).  And I have not bought it all this while because I feel really bad about buying the Tumi Alpha Carrier.

My husband is a wonderful man- Look, let me just speed post his Cube.  It is much cheaper for me to do that than to buy this "pod"...

The Cube came yesterday.  But the straps were not included.  So I cannot carry Bruno in the Cube.

Today, after all that excitement and flat-cleaning, I caved in.  Bruno has been super without his bag- he has been terrific with all the walking and we've figured out a cooperative balancing act on public transport.  But now that there is The Pod?  I should have done this sooner!  Once Bruno jumped in?  He didn't want to come out!
Never mind that it is 80 degrees today and there is poor ventilation in the bus.  Look at him below, smiling away on Bus 70!!!

When he decides to have some alone time, he simply lies down in The Pod.

Originally I was also not convinced by its length- I thought it needed to be shorter like the Cube.  But now, I am seeing the virtue of its added length, as Bruno gets to stretch out as well as curl up.  And when he decides he's curious, he sits up and gazes out the window happily.  Here he is, at Queens Gate.

There's an added safety feature where you can buckle onto his collar.

No regrets on my part.  It's a hardy bag, with clean lines, in a very understated color that matches my floors.  It's also not too heavy to lug around.  The base has feet, it distributes weight evenly, and there is an added (detachable) cushion within.  With The Pod by my side literally, in crowded situations, I know exactly where he is now, and not have to worry about him being trampled upon.
Multi-functions as a resting place even back at the hotel.  Lesson learnt- sometimes, it's just never too late.  

No comments:

Post a Comment