Categories

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Patience.

Is it already Thursday?  I'm losing count.   Bruno is exhausted.  I am exhausted.  We spent the whole morning sitting around waiting for deliveries.  The bed finally came.  It got assembled, positioned.  Never mind they forgot the four pillows, and spent the next 15 minutes blaming administration staff.  Or that the administration staff refuses to reply to my queries once they hear my American voice.  Bottom line is, mistakes happen, inefficiency happens, things get conveniently lost in translation, and I ain't ever gonna buy anything from them again.

What I am learning most from Bruno these past few days, is the value of patience. I watch him fighting fatigue, sitting, waiting, sitting, waiting.  I am not sure he even knows what he is waiting for.  But there he is, Buddha-like, with the patience of Job.
Fighting to keep his eyes open...  poor Patient Bruno
When we are done with the flat, Bruno springs to action.  His tail is wagging, his eyes are bright.  Then it's off for a quick walk to the bus-stop, where he waits, patiently for bus 70.
When we get back to the hotel, all Bruno wants is about 3 minutes of play time- he does his speeding around the room, bounces on and off furniture, shows me his toys.  Next he eats his dinner, and drifts off to sleep, before I wake him for his last walk at 9pm.
More deliveries tomorrow.  I'm taking my cues from the little guy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment