Categories

Monday, July 8, 2013

Sick Day

Inconveniently ill, we stayed in all day, Sunday.  Bruno was thankfully mellow and appreciated the day off.  To combat cabin-fever, I thought it was the perfect day to re-introduce some Boot Camp-ing again. (Note:  Post-flight, Bruno has been avoiding the Sturdi Bag.  )

                                                                    Step 1:  Sit, Stay.
Step 2:  Inside!
(For the 1st attempt, as it is a re-introduction, I tossed a treat in to reward him for entering the bag he has been avoiding.)
Step3:  Settle, stay

Good job, Brunz!  The whole process is then repeated about five times.  On the 4th attempt, I don't bother tossing in a treat.  On the 5th attempt, I reward him with a treat, then as he is waiting in "settle, stay", I give him the "OK" command, and turn my attention away from the bag fully.  The idea is to end the re-introudction of the bag on a high note, and to not associate training/baby steps/bag with any stress.  Also to note- Bruno is not punished at any point if he decides to not go into the bag.

Sometimes I think it is not I who is teaching Bruno, but Bruno who is teaching me, if I pay attention closely.  One day I hope I can be as effective a horse person as I am with the little wolf.

No comments:

Post a Comment