Categories

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Act 2: Scene i

July 3, 2013
The morning began very early for us.  I really was concerned about not missing the 8:19am train.  Things to be done before getting us to the station included- last bits of packing, walk Bruno/hike Bruno, feed, Bruno, getting dressed, tidy up room, conquering 400 year-old stairs with luggage, locking up Maison Rika, returning keys, waiting for Tram 2, boarding Tram 2 (true balancing act with Bruno, Bruno's bag, & my bag), crossing tram lines, finding platform 15A.  Some time in the night, it also began to storm.  I kicked myself for not organising a taxi pick-up instead.

I sprang out of bed at 5:30am, did meagre stretching exercises and got on with things.  Once Bruno saw that we were all packed, he knew something was up, and kept his potty walk efficient.  Then he patiently waited for me (no crying, no barking, no temper tantrums) as I moved the bags down one at a time.

We found ourselves at Platform 15A at 7am.  Here Bruno displayed incredible patience- simply just waiting at attention, quietly, on my lap.
Plattform 15A, Amsterdam Centraal- this is usually where one boards the Thalys
Our train comes.  We find our seat.  Bruno settles down promptly.
WE LOVE TRAIN TRAVEL! There is wifi (tad spotty), he can stay on my lap throughout the 3-4 hour journey, he does not need his own ticket, and we are made to feel very welcomed by the staff.
We passed Brussels (above).  We arrived at Gare du Nord in Paris.  Compared to the 13 hour flight- for the Superstar, this was an easy jaunt/walk in the park.

11:39am.  Gare Du Nord, in good spirits.  Now to find Den Brown and begin, Act 2: Scene ii.

No comments:

Post a Comment