Categories

Monday, July 8, 2013

Retail Therapy 2 (Bespoke)

As we were already in EC 1, I decided to go look for the workshop space of the British label, Love My Dog.  We hopped onto bus 243 and headed towards, Hoxton.
 I was curious about their pet carriers.  They come in 2 sizes.  Unlike the American bags, this one functions more like a portable bed, and is almost cylindrical in shape.  The material used is wool or tweed from Scotland.  The smaller bag is still too big for Bruno, and the straps don't seem to stay on my shoulders.  So I asked about getting something made for him instead.  I think the English word is, bespoke.
(Gosh, I found out you can even get a jumper, lead and collar all made in the matching fabric of the bag!  Bespoke Indeed!)

If you feel uneasy with inner city living, I suggest shopping via their website.  (The space here is not really a store anyways, but more like where the company works from.)  This end of Kingsland Road can perhaps be described as still awaiting gentrification.  There is a row of authentic Vietnamese restaurants that have sprouted up near the bus-stop I alighted at.  Meaning, if I kept my shades on, hat pulled low, and walked purposefully, I could pass off as local and not draw any unwanted attention.  Meaning I was very lucky to not get mugged, shot, knifed today.  Imagine having to explain to the gorgeous Man that some misfortune occurred, because I went in search of canine bespoke!
Safely ensconced.  Tomorrow, we go to Wimbledon, where I hope, hope, hope to meet a (grumpy) horse.

Love My Dog, 36 Ermine Mews, Laburnum Street, E2

No comments:

Post a Comment