Categories

Friday, July 12, 2013

Rejection

By the time we wrapped things up today, it was 4pm.  I was starving.  Thinking of eating someplace different, we walked a little further.  We were turned away from three different establishments.  No dogs allowed- was their mantra.  Some hostess even threw poor Bruno a look.

We hopped on the bus and headed back to the hotel.   Walking back, I simply collapsed at the nearest Italian hole with outdoor seating.  They were still serving lunch (at 5pm- WOOT!), it didn't matter that we were sitting in the smoking section.  Or that the table was tilted, and we were right on a busy road.  I was too hungry.

I think when one lives and functions fully with a dog, one simply understands that not everyone takes as kindly to your wolf.  No matter- the world is made up of all sorts anyways.  I think being a responsible dog owner is being understanding/accepting of an opposing school of thought to your canine values.

Rejection?  Being turned away?  So be it.  As a dancer in New York City, I have attended so many auditions where there were hundreds of us.  Sometimes I made the second cut.  Sometimes I got cut pretty early in the game.  But that's the way dance is.

On a macro (micro?) level, perhaps that's also the way life is.  No is a valid answer.  It exists on the flip side of some coin.  Give it another toss.  Maybe, you might just hit, yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment