Categories

Monday, July 8, 2013

Mid-century in Clerkenwell, EC1

I get off the train at Farringdon and head west along Clerkenwell Road.  SW7 living is safe-ish (staid and overpriced), Number 16 is soothing, but EC 1 is truly one of my favorite hoods in London.  The sun is shining, the wind is brisk.  There are tall buildings, converted industrial loft spaces, and cobbled-stone streets.  From a distance, I see the dome of St. Paul's.
I'm here to look at a dining table and a day bed that I've placed a deposit on.  Eva of Forest has been lovely to communicate with, and is promising delivery later this week (miracle!).

I LOVE this store!  LOVE!  Eva is lovely, Katie who was managing the floor was as sweet.  I asked to be left alone so that I could daydream and make some decisions.

Spotted the lampshade by the window, found the ceramic base on a different shelf.  Felt they belonged together :)
Secret's out-  Forest, 115 Clerkenwell Road- aka mid-centruy heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment