Categories

Monday, July 29, 2013

Back to Work

After all that adventuring in Margate, Bath, and a wonderful, restful Sunday spent with K, Buster & the canine residents of Shoreditch Park...
Photo credit-  K, Shoreditch Park
It is Monday again, and back to work we all go.
Squished in a taxi with today's loot.
I need utensils- I have been eating with a plastic fork that I keep re-washing and using.  For some reason food is not as palatable eaten this way.  Bruno needs a new jumper, a bowl, and snacks.  The flat needs attention, I have allowed it to sit for a while in neglect.
Today...
Today I break all previous records for hauling and foraging.  See that beaten-up piece of wood laid on the floor?  That is un perqueno armario mexicano- a small Mexican cupboard that I feel is just what the dining space needs.  Bruno is trying to be helpful.
  I move all the shopping bags into the flat first.  Next I bring Bruno inside.  Then, I manage to lift the armario onto its feet (activate core & pile).  Geez.  It is rather heavy.  If I drag it in, it is going to so scratch them floors.
(Me and my bright ideas!!!)
A bright idea!
Found myself some vintage cutlery.  Fantastic- no need to worry about polishing them.  The more deteriorated they look, the more beautiful.  If you come over for dinner, and don't like this?  Tough.  You'll have to eat with your hands.
Also found a wonderful vintage lamp with glass pieces so that my husband can read, while sitting on the chair, I found for him in Angel.

Enough procrastinating.  Off I go to CARRY and PLACE the armario mexicano...
TA DA! 
Very, very pleased and very proud of myself.  I texted my husband immediately.  
Me and my bright ideas!
There, my Summer 2013 Project is taking good shape.  It really is all about relationships in space and time.  Now I need a strong drink and to go rest my poor back and legs :)
Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment