Categories

Saturday, July 6, 2013

On a little street (in London)

 A year ago, I didn't know London at all.  The only time I had been to London was in 1987 with dearest Trace to dance.  Last year, I began my London research, and thus had to find somewhere that was conveniently located, in a "safe" neighborhood, within walking distance to the tube, buses, the museums and some trees.

I love Number 16.  I love Kit Kemp's joyful use of print, color, fabric, textures and art.  The hotel feels like a very well-dressed friend.
It's not a fancy, 5-star, ostentatious place.  You won't like it if you cannot manage narrow stairs, or need absolute silence, large rooms, restaurant on site.  

Number 16 has a "no-dogs allowed" policy.  Closer to the tube station, the newly-opened Ampersand allows pets.  
Irrational, simple joy- when my room is color-coordinated with my wardrobe (note white purse & tangerine jacket on the bed) :)
Weather permitting, Bruno and I are welcome to have breakfast in the garden.

Number 16, 16 Sumner Place

No comments:

Post a Comment